Maplewood Studio is equipped to the highest standard throughout, with high-end RME pre-amps & converters; we can record at anywhere between 44.1kHz and 192kHz, reproducing recordings with outstanding accuracy and clarity. There is a modern approach to the studio, fully embracing the ‘in the box’ ability that modern technology allows, so the first thing you notice is that there is no big mixing desk.
Using plugins from SSL’s Duende, Waves, TC Electronics Powercore platform and Sonnox, we have access to all the studio classic compressors and EQs – if it’s good enough for Eddie Kramer, it’s good enough for us! Line6 Pod Farm 2 platinum plugin is also available for effects and amp emulations. A fully weighted 88-key keyboard makes for an outstanding piano when used with East West Platinum series piano sample library, and we also have the full orchestral sample libraries available.
The Control Room
The 4 x 2.5 meter control room is fully air-conditioned and professionally acoustically treated for an outstanding mixing environment; there is also a sofa in here for artists to chill out on, this area is separate from the live area. The control room also has the ability to have amp heads in the room powering the cab in the live room.
The live area is focused around, but not restricted to, a 3.5 x 2.8 meter room away from the control room. It is acoustically treated to be a neutral sounding room. This is the main tracking area but if bands want to record ‘live’, guitars/bass can be set-up in the adjoining room with vocals in the control room (a glass door separate the rooms).
- Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 quad core, 14GB RAM running Logic Pro 9.1
- 30” Apple Cinema monitor
- 3 x RME OctaMic II Mic preamps (24 mic pres)
- 1 x RME ADI-8 QS (8 line ins/DIs)
- Universal Audio 610 Mic Pre/DI
- DBX DI boxes – 2 passive, 2 active
- TC PowerCore X8 6000 plus other plugins
- SSL Duende
- SSL Buss compressor
- Event Opal studio monitors
- Avantone Mix Cubes / Alesis RA300 power amp
- Neumann K184 (stereo pair)
- AKG 414B XLS (stereo pair)
- Electrovoice RE20 x 1
- sE Electronics Gemini III (Valve)
- sE Electronics Z5600a II (Valve)
- sE Electronics RNR1 Ribbon
- sE Electronics Gemini G3500 FET
- sE Electronics 4400a Stereo Pair
- Shure SM57 x 5
- Shure SM58 x 2
- Shure SM7b x 1
- Shure Beta 52a x 1
- AKG D112 x 1
- Sennheiser 604e x 5
- Sennheiser 421 x 2
- AKG 271 MkII Headphones
Here listed is the gear available for hire at a daily rate. Each hire session includes new strings on all guitars.
- USA Gibson Flying V 69 reissue, very hot pickups
- Larivee 03 Acoustic guitar with pickup
- Custom DP 35” Jazz bass
- Custom DP 35” Jazz bass with P bass pick-up in the neck, it growls!
- DW Drum kit – 8,10,12,14,16 22×18”
- Paiste 2002 Thin 17, 18, 19” Crash
- UFIP 14” Rough series Hi-Hats
- UFIP 22” Rough Ride
- UFIP 18” Rough China
- Meinl 20” Dry proto type ride
- Ludwig 1973 14×6.5” 402
- DW Craviotto 14×5”
- DW 13×6 Collectors